April 27, 2006

Touch a Teat Tour



Last night, our Bible study took a field trip to find out what it is like to milk cows in this day and age. How did we come up with this idea? I am not sure how it even started, but a few weeks ago the question came up of whether we grew up in the city, the country or somewhere in between and whether or not we had ever milked a cow. The desire to milk a cow quickly became the mantra of our group. So as a conclusion to our current study, we were invited to go to milk some cows.
I will admit, I was pretty confident of my ability to touch a cow and even milk it, considering I grew up in the country. Unfortunately when the time came, I couldn't step up to the plate. Maybe it had something to do with the cow behind me deciding it need to urinate and it splashed on my back. I was only able to touch the cow once, I did get some milk out of it, but it definately grossed me out and Jenny had to finish. I guess I am not a true country girl. All in all, it was a great time and most of us can say that we have milked a cow. Thanks to Bruce for letting us come out and interuppting the evening.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are too much! joe really does look like he handled that cow! hahaha... i am glad i am here in ohio, but it still would have been a blast to get after it and milk some cows with y'all! (yeah i'm hanging with southerners down here and it just workd!) i miss you oshkosh peeps!

Anonymous said...

i have a request! where is the pic of mike g.? you have to give the people what they want! ;-)