August 21, 2006

It's Time!







I really can not believe that at this time tomorrow I will be on an airplane bound for the Czech Republic. A lot of times it seems like it just yesterday when I found out I would be leaving everything I knew and was comfortable with in Oshkosh. Right before I left, I was doubtful about this decision that the Lord had called me to. Who was I to think that I could move to another country, be a teacher and serve the Lord. I must be crazy. But, since I have been here, I have felt nothing but peace, contentment and assurance that this is what I am supposed to be doing for the next year of my life. I know it won't be easy and at times I will think that I am once again crazy, but I can rest in the Lord and that He has called me to the right place for this season of my life. Time and time again at training I have gone back to Paul's words, he says, "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58 That is my cry, that we all would be steadfast, immovable and abounding in the work of the LORD. That we would trust that our labor, hardships, culture shock, homesickness is never in vain. I praise God for this opportunity to serve Him and the people of the Czech Republic. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of this journey! God Bless

No comments: